Wednesday, October 28, 2009

carving pumpkins.

Before last night, I hadn't carved pumpkins in years. We dragged these in out of the rain, dried them off, and started scooping.


Mine started out in my head as a pretty pumpkin-girl with bangs--and ended up like this . . . . .







As we were starting, I said to MH,

"You know, I don't even like carving pumpkins very much. Everyone else always comes up with a much more creative design than me and then I always feel embarrassed. I'm not creative enough."

Her response was only,

"Ruth, that's my line."




And hers was MUCH more creative than mine (she did the cat).

Kids.

3 comments:

  1. These are terrific! I've always had a love/hate relationship with making jack-o-lanterns...mine never turns out like I had hoped, but it feels like the right thing to be doing at the end of October, you know?

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?