Monday, October 26, 2009

vintage quilt.

I recently found this old quilt amongst the piles of other old blankets in our linen closet. Usually, the blankets I pull out of there are ugly and pill-y but this one was something else.

Yellowed on the topside and pure white on the underside, it had simple flowered patterns of old, faded fabrics scattered across it. Some "petals" had fallen off and edges were frayed, but I loved it.

My mom saw it on my bed and told me it belonged to her grandmother, "Bitty." I still can't figure out why I hadn't ever seen it the closet before (as in, the past twenty-one years)--it's like it just magically appeared. I think it's meant to get out and seen and used, don't you?



And Blanche took a liking to it, too. Can you blame her?



2 comments:

  1. Agreed, where did that come from???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so pretty. What a find. I bet it is super soft too. How nice to have that history close to you. And my, the kitty is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?